Will there be a Big, Fat, Greek Divorce – or – Will they get It to the Greek in time.
Will Greece quit the European Union? It’s not a tragedy. It’s not a comedy. It’s a Reality Quiz Show…
Q: Will Greece quit the European Union?
- No; Papandreou will tighten his belt, stand firm, legs splayed girded for a fight and shout “I am Sparta”. Greece will make a last stand.
- Yes: Greece will sneak out and party – drink ouzo and dance the Zorba
- Greece has nowhere to go. With debt piling up, they have priced themselves out of their own country
Q: Why can’t the EU throw out the Greeks?
- If they do, where will they stop? They will end up with Germany and France alone in one room – which is everyone’s worst nightmare come true – why do you think the EU was created. And NATO.
- To carry forward the highbrow ideals of a common union, a self-feeding myth up there with the Virgin Mary, Santa Claus and a moral politician-turned-Wall Streeter (or vice-versa).
- Actually to answer that let’s convene another committee to table the motion for the sub-panel to discuss the points put forward by the working group…
Q: Will England return the Elgin Marbles to Greece to help raise some funds?
- Now that they have hit rock bottom, Greece needs to build brick-by-brick
- Have you lost your marbles?
- No, this will be the thin edge of the wedge. With all the loot collected during Raj, England will lose hundreds, thousands.
Q: Who’s next in line?
- Spain – will start to hock its over-priced under-performing assets to balance their budgets –their football players
- Isn’t it time to stuff the Turkey?
- Why is Iceland all quiet and peaceful – as if frozen in time – it’s on ice, now?
Q: Who wins or loses in this whole saga?
- England will be able to gloat for years on this exclaiming “I told you so” with unmitigated glee
- Threatens the very reason of existence of Luxembourg and Brussels – no more nose to the trough, so many unemployed politicians and bureaucrats walking around – that’s the “Too Big To Fail” disaster scenario
- Hollywood is already got a movie in the works with sequels on Italy, Portugal and Spain. Anthony Quinn has been pulled out of his retirement to play all the Greek roles.
If your score is:
5-8: this is all Greek and Latin to you, get in line.
9-11: you are dazed and confused. Welcome to the position of the Governor of the European Central Bank
12-15: you have found the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything. This message will self destruct in 42 seconds.